Below is a list of sample workshops that may be held during the conference.
The Job Search: Skill-Oriented Sessions
- Job Search: Discover resources available to find full-time, part-time, or volunteer positions.
- Resume and Cover Letters: Convert your academic and previous work experience onto paper.
- Networking: Hone your networking skills to connect with people who can offer career guidance.
- Translating Your Skills: Learn how to talk about your academic and work experience skills.
- Tell Your Story: Why should an employer hire you? Learn to tell your story in a compelling way.
- Entrepreneurship: What does it mean to be an entrepreneur in today’s global market?
- Mock Interviews: Residence Life/DOSA will conduct one-on-one interviews and assessments.
- Etiquette: Learn about dressing for the job search, respecting culture and traditions.
Workplace Preparedness Sessions
- Persuasive Public Speaking: Practice speaking with purpose and poise.
- Finding and Writing Grants: Learn to find money to support your projects.
- Conflicts and Crises: Explore effective techniques to resolve tensions and solve problems.
- Leadership and Teamwork: Learn to build support for your plan of action.
- Computer Skills for the Workforce: Discover Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Negotiation: Use role-playing scenarios to maximize your workplace options and opportunities.
- Financial Literacy: Learn to manage your money, pay your bills, and live on a budget.
- Liberal Arts In the Workplace: Transfer your critical thinking, writing, and research skills to the workplace.
What’s Out There? Panels and Discussions from the Field
- Working Abroad
- Writing and Publications
- Artists Making a Living